Intuitive exercise is a type of exercise that is based on listening to your body's needs and desires. It is a more mindful approach to exercise that focuses on the quality of your workouts rather than the quantity.
With intuitive exercise, you are not following a strict workout routine. Instead, you are tuning in to your body and choosing activities that feel good and that you enjoy. You may also find that you need to change your workouts from day to day or week to week, depending on how you are feeling.
There are many benefits to intuitive exercise. Here are a few:
- It is more enjoyable: When you are exercising intuitively, you are more likely to enjoy your workouts. This is because you are choosing activities that you like and that feel good to you.
- It is more sustainable: When you are enjoying your workouts, you are more likely to stick with them in the long run.
- It can help you improve your fitness: Even though you are not following a strict workout routine, you can still improve your fitness with intuitive exercise. This is because you are listening to your body and giving it the workout that it needs.
- It can help you reduce stress and improve your mood: Exercise has been shown to reduce stress and improve mood. When you are exercising intuitively, you are more likely to experience these benefits because you are choosing activities that you enjoy and that help you relax.
If you are interested in trying intuitive exercise, there are a few things you can do to get started.
- Start by paying attention to how you feel: When you are thinking about working out, pay attention to how you feel. Are you feeling stressed, tired, or sore? If so, it may be a good idea to take a rest day or to do a gentle activity. Are you feeling energized, happy, and motivated? If so, you may be ready for a more vigorous workout.
- Choose activities that you enjoy: When you are choosing activities to do, choose things that you enjoy. This could be anything from walking, running, swimming, biking, dancing, yoga, or Pilates.
- Listen to your body: As you are working out, listen to your body. If you are feeling pain, stop. If you are feeling tired, take a break. It is important to respect your body's limits.
- Have fun!: Exercise should be enjoyable. If you are not having fun, you are less likely to stick with it. So make sure to choose activities that you enjoy and that make you feel good.
Intuitive exercise is a great way to improve your fitness and well-being. It is a more mindful approach to exercise that focuses on the quality of your workouts rather than the quantity. If you are looking for a way to enjoy your workouts and to improve your fitness, intuitive exercise may be a good option for you.